InsurLab Germany roundtable: Cyber Attacks Ukraine/EU
The Russian invasion of Ukraine also makes us as a team of InsurLab Germany extremely concerned. The current war events have far-reaching effects on our private, public and economic environment, which we are not yet able to fully comprehend. In addition to obvious warfare, targeted disinformation and cyber attacks also play a significant role in current events.
The war in the middle of Europe is also increasing concerns that the conflict could spread to other European countries. This is because such conflicts have long been waged in the digital space as well, for example in the form of hacker attacks against financial institutions, critical infrastructures and companies themselves. Due to the high topicality, we will therefore deal with the topic of cyber attacks / security and the protection options for companies in a virtual roundtable at short notice on Thursday, March 17, 2022, between 17:00 and 18:00. Here we address in particular:
Due to the high topicality we deal on Thursday, March 17, between 17 to 18 o’clock therefore at short notice in a virtual Roundtable with the topic Cybersecurity and the protection possibilities for enterprises. In particular, we will address the following topics:
- What is the current threat situation?
- How do I protect myself / my company against cyber attacks in connection with the Ukraine war?
- 17:00 – 17:05 : Opening, welcome and short introduction of the topic by InsurLab Germany.
- 17:05 – 17:20: Impulse – AWS Cloud Security with Bastian Bahnemann (Security Assurance Principal Europe FSI) and Edmund Hoischen (Head of FSI Germany at Amazon Web Services)
- 17:20 – 17:35: Impulse – Patrik Maeyer (Head of Operational Technology, Digitalization and IT at GDV Gesamtverband der Deutschen Versicherungswirtschaft e.V.): Situation report “IT Security” – the role of the Crisis Response Center for IT Security in the Insurance Industry (LKRZV)
- 17:35 – 18:00: Free exchange of experiences on the impulses as well as topics such as e.g. protection of infrastructure, mutual support, contingency plans, procedure in the event of a NATO alliance case
Especially CxOs, CIOs, CISOs and IT security experts of the houses are recommended to participate.
Here you will find (with thanks to our partner FinTLV) in advance additionally an assessment of the state of affairs of the Israeli Center for Information Security and Cyber Events.